Monday, January 27, 2014

My new baby: Liam And Eva

I am so thrilled to announce that I have finally started my own custom event invitations and stationery business. It's called Liam And Eva, and you can check it out on Etsy! I am hoping to sell some of my stationery sets in local stores in Birmingham, and I also offer branding/custom graphic design services for businesses.

These are a few of the items you'll discover on my Etsy shop, and new items are added weekly:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/176613665/personalized-fold-over-stationery-breezy?ref=listing-shop-header-4

https://www.etsy.com/listing/176649254/darling-damask-baby-announcement?ref=listing-shop-header-3

https://www.etsy.com/listing/177327738/hand-stamped-and-handwritten-fold-over?ref=shop_home_active_2

https://www.etsy.com/listing/177331275/personal-flat-card-stationery-a-little?ref=listing-shop-header-2


This project has been a long time coming! Don't get me wrong, I love having the opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom, but lately I've been itching to indulge my creative/crafty side, get back into the design world and simultaneously earn some extra income.

I've actually been wrestling with the idea of whether I should return to work or find some type of employment, not only for the financial help but also to keep my job skills sharp. Nothing really seemed to fit, though, so I just decided it wasn't the right time. I didn't want to go back to work just to have a job, and I also wasn't settled with the idea of enrolling Liam and Riley in daycare. It needed to be the right thing. And I wanted to start something that mattered.

The Lord has really given me a heart for orphans lately, specifically in Africa. I don't really know where it came from or how it happened, except that maybe being surrounded by friends who've answered the call to adopt internationally has opened my eyes and stirred my heart regarding the orphan crisis. And suddenly, the issue was EVERYWHERE. I kept making connections with individuals who were involved in orphan ministry overseas, particularly in Africa, and God has ordained several divine appointments. My husband and I have been praying for God's vision for our own family in this area, and whether or not we eventually decide to adopt, I decided that I just couldn't sit on my hands and do nothing.

So, I decided to partner with Lifeline Children's Services (Un)Adopted ministry. A portion of the proceeds I make from my Etsy shop will go to support two partnerships they have in Uganda: Save the Street Children Uganda, which shares the Gospel and meets needs of orphans, and a local school that teaches hearing impaired children life and job skills, so they can be actively involved in their community.

Here's where you can help support their cause:

1. Pray. Prayer moves mountains, I'm convinced. So please, when you think about it, pray for the fatherless in Uganda. Pray for these precious children to be put in homes, to be kept safe, and to have a bright future. Specifically, the school is starting an Internet café, which would provide half the funds needed to run the school each year, and they need computers. Please pray for God's provision to keep this amazing ministry running!

2. Give. You can learn more about, and donate to, either ministry by visiting Unadopted.org/uganda.

3. Shop. For every purchase you make on my Etsy shop, a portion of the profits go toward these two partnerships. And you get some pretty paper in the meantime!

4. Share. You can play a big part in furthering this cause by referring your friends to Unadopted.org/uganda or etsy.com/shop/liamandeva.

Thanks, friends, for your support!


2 comments:

  1. Yay! This is so exciting, Courtney! Congratulations! It is wonderful to be able to use your talents and gifts and really feel like you are part of something that is making a difference! I had no idea you were so talented! Did you take these product photos, too? They are great! I pray your new endeavor is a great success! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, I did take the photos, actually; I'm so glad you like them! Humble beginnings, you know... :) Thank you so much for your support!

      Delete